PhD Theses supervised
George Halkos has successfully supervised the following PhD theses:
1. Αpostolos Kiochos (2007). Evaluation and management of risk in insurance and banking companies.
Current position: Associate Professor in “International Monetary Relations” in the Department of International and European Studies at the University of Macedonia, Greece.
2. Dimitrios Bousinakis (2007). The effect of qualitative factors on productivity.
Current position: Economic Analyst, Head of Economic Audit Department in the company of innovative medical devices M.S. Jacovides Hellas S.A.
3. George Papageorgiou (2009). Applications of Dynamic Economic Methods in Public Economics and Firm's Taxation.
Current position: Visiting Teaching Fellow in the Technological Educational Institute of Larissa, Greece. Tax Accountant.
4. Marianna Trigoni (2010). The effect of the financial system on the economy.
Current position: Director in the Branch of Agricultural Bank of Greece in Melissia Attica.
5. Dimitra Kitsou (2015). Estimation of damage and abatement cost functions for the determination of effective environmental policies in solving these problems. Heraclitus, Operational Programme "Education and Lifelong Learning" NSRF 2007-2013.
6. Georgia Galani (2015). Environmental Economic Valuation : Application of recent empirical methods in marine and coastal ecosystems.
7. Epameinondas Paizanos (2015). The effects of Fiscal Policy on the Environment. Heraclitus, Operational Programme "Education and Lifelong Learning" NSRF 2007-2013.
8. Natalia Kleoniki Petrou (2019). Moving towards a circular economy: Evaluating waste management practices.
9. Stylianos Nomikos (2021). Environmental awareness business issues. Following the public defense of the doctoral dissertation, the seven-member examination committee recommended the award of the doctoral diploma.
10. Zisiadou Argyro (2020). Market Reactions due to Environmental Hazards and Unexpected Events. Following the public defense of the doctoral dissertation, the seven-member examination committee recommended the award of the doctoral diploma (member of the advisory committee and co-supervisor).
11. Nickolaos Tzeremes (2005). Business Development: Measuring the effect of buiness strategies (member of the advisory committee and co-supervisor). Current position: Professor in “Economic Analysis” in the Department of Economics at the University of Thessaly, Greece.